Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween

Since trick-or-treating is a little more difficult here, I just counted Saturday's Trunk-or-Treat as our Halloween celebration for the year.  The kids did dress up today for school and had their parties there and that totally counts. My  modus operandi  is generally to do the least possible work to get the job done.  Since JR is in Dubai I just didn't have the energy to go it alone looking for every 10th house that was participating in Halloween.  (If you are ever trick-or-treating in Mexico you should know to say "Queremos Halloween" instead of "trick-or-treat" when the door is opened. It always makes me laugh.)
Instead, I took the kids out to dinner for caldo and tacos.  They were happy to go because the place we went had a play place.  That is pretty much the only requirement for them.
This is a picture of our costumes from the Trunk-or-Treat.  JR and I have worn the same Walmart costumes for three years. I plan to get new costumes next year when they show up at Walmart in some random month no where close to October.

2 comments:

noelle said...

okay. of course i love this. you've just made my week! twice. first by registering and second by starting a blog again. speaking of registering, of course you are coming up. this is a non-issue. the real issues include where we are going to eat and what we are going to eat. book your flight already.

Patrick said...

I dared my kids to yell "Queremos Halloween!" for trick or treating but they chickened out...

-Eliza